All Things Are Possible With God, Continued
Jeremiah 12.5 puts your encouragement, ‘hang in there’, into perspective.
Paul may have had this in mind when he penned 1 Corinthians 9.24-27. Isaiah 40.28-31 repeats this theme and attributes the source of your victory as God Himself – strength Coach, training Partner, Mentor (Psalm 18.31-39).
With Him, all things are possible!
When you fail, it is because you have not prepared for the challenge.
Don’t limit God’s success through you by your lack of conditioning!
- Like the little dog that grabs your pants leg, hang on until the challenge stops (and you win).
- This was Jesus’ message in the parable He told in Luke 18.1-8.
- Luke expresses this in verse 1.
- What two points will Jesus make in verses 2-8?
- Who is the ‘judge’ introduced in verse 2?
- What clues are given about his identity?
- How does the ‘widow’s’ complaint in verse 3 implicate the judge you identified?
- What tipping point does the ‘judge’ give into in verse 5?
- He sounds like Samson in Judges 16.16.
- How is this like the drips of so-called Chinese water torture?
- Note Jesus’ emphasis of this tipping point in verse 6.
- How are you to be like this ‘widow’?
- Jesus’ perspective in verse 7 is that God is ready and anxious (verse 8a) to help you but cannot.
- How does your lack of conditioning explain ‘though He bears long with them?’
- ‘Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?’
- How does His question relate back to the message in verse 1?
- When your faith is weak, you ‘lose heart’ when satan persists; when you ‘lose heart’, you give up on ‘prayer’; when you don’t ‘pray’, you lose!
- Paul introduces the heroes of faith listed in chapter 11 with an admonition in
What does this mean to you?
Don’t be part of verse 38; be part of verse 39!
Don’t give up; hang in there!
- Feel the ‘wind’ of Isaiah 40.31!
- Hear the encouragement of Hebrews 12.1!
- Keep your eyes on your Mentor in Hebrews 12.2!
- Envision the ‘crown’ of 2 Timothy 4.7-8 on your head!
- Whenever the ‘lion’ of 1 Peter 5.8 roars, follow the instruction in verse 9 and remember 1 John 5.4, Psalm 91.1-16, and Jesus’ words in Revelation 3.10!