According to the Power that Works in Us
The title is the words of Apostle Paul in his prayer in Ephesians 3.20.
There’s always a catch, isn’t there? The promise comes with a condition.
We must do something to get something.
After all, we’re no longer children; see 1 Corinthians 13.11.
In the spirit-world, what is imagined separates men from boys, women from girls, those mature from those who are not. This power of imagination of how much God can do is what distinguishes great faith from little, as Jesus described it in Matthew 8.10 and Mark 7.29. Great faith resulted in ‘exceedingly abundantly above all’ that was asked or thought; see Ephesians 3.20, again!
Let’s collect and review the important points from the studies titled ‘Jesus and Imagination’, ‘Imagine the Possibilities’, and ‘Do Not Stop Trapping Evil’.
(Find these in full at www.sozoclass.com.)
Why is saying what we believe important?
- We speak what we believe. Paul makes this point in Romans 10.8-10, especially verse 10. Our mouths say what our hearts believe. When does salvation come? See verse 9.
King Solomon emphasized this importance in Proverbs 4.23;
Jesus, in Matthew 15.18-20.
Also see 2 Corinthians 4.13.
- Our words have spirit power.
Jesus minimized our bodies and maximized our words in John 6.63.
He illustrated their power in Mark 11.22-24.
- Jesus said we must ‘stretch our imaginations and words’ to receive greater results!
Expect the unexpected!
- Remember what missionary William Carey said: ‘Expect great things from God, attempt great things for God.’
- That is what Apostle Peter did when he met the crippled man in Acts 3.6-7.
No one else expected the result; only Peter and John.
It was more than the cripple, even, expected. Isn’t that just like God?
- Imagine what God can do for you by fulfilling His promise and, then, expect more.
We were born to overcome!
- satan can be overcome; Jesus said so in Luke 18.5. Paul states the weapon we are to use in Philippians 2.9-11.
Consider Jesus’ words in John 16.33. Become skillful!
- God expects us to overcome satan and states this through the writer of Hebrews 12.1.
- He repeated this through Apostle John in Revelation 12.11.
- Act like God as described by Paul in Romans 4.17, 1 Corinthians 1.27-29, and 2 Corinthians 4.18
We build faith just like muscle, by using it! Be like Abraham in Romans 4.20-21.