More Amazing Proofs That God Is With Us
His-story shows how amazing your God really is! He told Moses that His presence would be known by the miracles, wonders, and signs by which He distinguished Himself from all others who might claim to be god. These would be unique expressions, never ‘done in all the earth, nor in any nation’, as Exodus 34.10 states. His purpose was and is that mankind would exult in Him and not in wealth, wisdom, or strength and beauty (Jeremiah 9.23-24). His wonderful acts were to improve the conditions of the people Jesus met and are intended in the same way today; i.e., to save you. Although unseen, He is with each of you (Genesis 28.15, Deuteronomy 31.6-8, Joshua 1.5), which you understand by ever increasing faith (Habakkuk 2.4, Romans 1.16-17). He has conditioned us to search for Him and, then, to find Him continually present (Jeremiah 29.13; 31.33-34; Psalm 42.1).
The following illustrations show the lengths to which God has gone and could go to show Himself strong when you are in need of His deliverance.
- 2 Kings 18.13-19.37, Isaiah 37.1-38, and 2 Chronicles 32.1-23 tell mostly the same story of God miraculously delivering King Hezekiah from the invading Assyrian King Sennacherib with his more powerful army. Studying this story instructs you on what to do when confronted by a superior opponent. What did Hezekiah do? Why would God consider an attack against you to be an insult against Him? Why did Hezekiah dismiss the facts that Sennacherib had conquered other nations and their gods? What amazing thing did God do to show His presence to Hezekiah and his people?
- God confirmed Hezekiah’s healing by making sunlight move backward, in 2 Kings 20.1-11. How extraordinary! How did God do this? What effect do you think this had on his view of and on his faith in God? See Joshua 10.12-14 also.
- God defeated the Philistines with thunder! See 1 Samuel 7.10-11. What were the Israelites doing?
- God defeated the Amorites with hail stones! See Joshua 10.11. This emboldened Joshua to do what, in the following verses?
- God drove out with hornets the Amorites, Canaanites, Girgashites, Hittites, Hivites, Jebusites, and Perizzites from the land He promised to the Israelites! See Joshua 24.11-12. What part did the Israelites play, according to the ending words of verse 12?
- God caused Philistine soldiers to tremble when the earth quaked when Jonathan and his armor bearer engaged them! See 1 Samuel 14.15. Read verses 6-10 about Jonathan’s confidence in God’s deliverance. Do you approach your enemies with the same confidence?
- God defeated Goliath by directing David’s sling stone into his forehead! See 1 Samuel 17.45-50. What confidence did David speak against the giant that expressed David’s knowledge of God’s abiding presence to save him?
- God defeated the Syrian army with the sound of a greater army! See 2 Kings 7.3-9. How did the lepers benefit from this? Similarly in 2 Samuel 5.22-25 and Joshua 5.13-6.21 and 1 Chronicles 5.18-22.
Apostle Paul summarized the faith of the believers in God in these stories in Philippians 4.13! The contemplation of Psalm 44.6-8 expresses the same confidence! ‘Ask and it will be given you; seek and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you,’ said Jesus in Matthew 7.7. God is with you! Hebrews 13.5-6!
Praise God!!! Copyright J by Maurice L. Painter, 2012. www.sozoclass.com