What to do about ‘Sandy Hook ES’.
How should you process the satanic events inConnecticutrecently, the killing of 20 first graders and seven educators? Should you blame the school system for lax security, society (product producers and media) for creating an environment encouraging such behavior, the medical community for not intervening in this depth of illness, the shooter’s parents for not taking preventive actions with their son, the parents of the children for not teaching them ‘spiritual’ self-defense and for not covering them with appropriate prayers, local Christians for not standing spiritual guard at the schoolhouse doors, yourself, or all of the above?
Brent Bozell, President of Media Research Center, wrote (121222): ‘Ours is a society imploding under an avalanche of violent video games, music, TV and movies…And as soon as the massacre is off Page One, they (game developers, plot writers) get back to business, polluting the culture and spoon-feeding the next Adam Lanza.’
Wayne LaPierre, lobbyist for the National Rifle Association, said on December 21, 2012, ‘the next Adam Lanza…is planning an attack on another school…How many more copycats are waiting in the wings for their moment of fame from a national media machine that rewards them with wall-to-wall attention and a sense of identity that they crave, while provoking others to try to make their mark?’
Controlling access to guns is not the solution; delivering the would-be shooter from satan’s deception is THE only solution! So, what should Christians do?
It happened in Jesus’ times.
- Mark 5.1-20 and Luke 8.26-39 tell the same story of a satan-deceived man who terrorized his neighbors uncontrollably. You can picture his actions frightening children and adults, perhaps in our day taking guns to school.
- In Mark 5.8, you hear Jesus doing what John summarized in 1 John 3.8b: Jesus came ‘to destroy the works of the devil.’ Consider, also, Peter’s description of Jesus to Cornelius in Acts 10.38.
- Jesus’ usual command in such confrontations was ‘come out of the man, unclean spirit!’ Compare with Mark 9.25.
To prevent the ‘next Adam Lanza’ near and far, do this:
- Teach your children and grandchildren to take the authority Jesus gave them in Luke 10.19 to bind satan and his demons from themselves using Jesus’ name and illustration above. Read the context in Luke 10.1-20.
- Build the wall of Ezekiel 22.30 around your treasured children and those in your and other communities. Stand in the gap ready for battle (Ephesians 6.10-18)!
- Picture yourself standing guard with your children at the bus stop, the school, the classroom, the playground, the mall, and wherever else satan might try to harm them. Practice James 4.7 and 1 Peter 5.8-9! Post angels to do the same; Hebrews 1.14!
- Form prayer defense groups of friends and neighbors to do this with you at assigned times during the day and night.
- And, when you meet up with a ‘Gadarene demoniac’ and as the Holy Spirit prompts you, confront the ‘unclean spirit’ face-to-face with the confidence of Philippians 2.9-11 and deliver the person from satan’s abuse. S/he will thank you, as he did with Jesus!
Praise God!!! Copyright © Maurice L. Painter, 2012. www.sozoclass.com (warfare)