Does your faith rest in the wisdom of men or the power of God?
That is the most important question for you in this late hour (before our Lord’s calling His Spirit and believers out of this world). Two men left hospitals in different cities this week to return home to die, as doctors told them that the cancers that had invaded their bodies were beyond the knowledge and help of medicine. Judah’s King Asa experienced the same; 2 Chronicles 16.12-13. This report prompted my return to 1 Corinthians 2.4-5 and contemplation of this teaching. Understand that I am not criticizing doctors, as they are taught care of the human body by God and minister to people until their faith can grow to receive God’s powerful healing. However, some never do, but become dependent upon physicians, alone. So, is your faith in human wisdom or in the power of God?
The Wisdom of Humans!
- 1 Corinthians 2.4-5, NKJV, Paul: ‘And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.’
- Note that Paul’ speech was to demonstrate the Holy Spirit and God’s power. Jesus had said the same thing in Matthew 10.7-8 (Acts 14.8-10) Notice Jesus’ sequence of preaching that ‘the Kingdom of God is at hand’ before proving it: ‘heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons.’ Show the power of God!
- This is not about human wisdom. Note the source and content of human wisdom from Jeremiah 13.10 and Colossians 2.8. Hear God’s conclusion in Jeremiah 8.8-9.
- So, how should you receive the news from man? With the words, what does God say about this? 2 Kings 20.1-11 tells the story of Judah’s King Hezekiah’s healing. God’s glory was experienced through figs and confirmed by moving the Sun back 20 minutes!
The Power of God!
- King Asa could have experienced the healing that Hezekiah experienced.
- The power of God was even received by looking at the image of a snake on a pole; see Numbers 21.8-9.
- Paul wanted the power of God to be experienced. Note this in Romans 1.16, 1 Corinthians 1.17 & 4.20: the Kingdom of God IS power! Jesus demonstrated this power to prove Who He was to the disciples of John the Baptist; Matthew 11.1-6.
So, is your faith in the power of God or the, so-called, wisdom of mankind?
- Who do you know who is as wise as God? Please introduce us!
- It should be evident to you that Jesus will come for us soon. The signs of Matthew 3.12 include the increasing persecution of Christians around the world and in the United States. The signs include the decline in the impact of churches reflected in overall declining attendance and declining financial support of foreign missionaries. The signs include Paul’s description of society in 2 Timothy 3.1-7 and Galatians 5.19-21.
- Dr. Jim Denison, President of Denison Forum on Truth and Culture, quoted Purdue University sociology professor Fenggang Yang as writing ‘”China is destined to become the largest Christian country in the world very soon.”’ He calculates that believers will rise to 160 million by 2025 and 247 by 2030; thus, China would be ‘home to more Christians than any nation on earth.’ Denison explained this with two reasons. ‘First, Christians in China have learned to depend fully and unconditionally on the power of God’s Spirit.’ ‘Second, they have weathered waves of persecution and opposition with steadfast resolve.’
- You will need stronger faith in the days to come because satan is increasing his schemes!
- Remember that satan can only kill you after he strips away your faith by keeping you from the promises of God and the power of the name ‘Jesus’! See Romans 10.17 and Philippians 2.9-11.
Praise God!!! Copyright © by Maurice L. Painter, 2014. www.sozoclass.com