Revelation 4.1 to 22.12: Rapture to New Earth
The time of our departure may soon be at hand. Apostle Paul spoke similar words to Timothy (2.4.6) at the end of Paul’s final letter (Second Imprisonment, AD 66-67). The Lord Jesus has given Ezekiel 12.25 & 28 during my quiet time contemplations of Him more often during the last two years. In these verses, God declares that his words will no longer be postponed. My contemplations have regarded the end of times on Earth. He brought these to my attention just before I am writing this study. The coincidence is interesting, since this study is a summary of my understandings of what happens when the “church age” ends (understood to be Revelation 3.22: “ ‘ “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.” ’ ” The next sequence of events is depicted on the attached design (with a similar title) and explained below
Revelation from the Rapture to joining Jesus on the New Earth: Revelation 4.1 to 22.12.
CLICK HERE FOR DIAGRAM >>>> http://sozoclass.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Rapture-to-New-Earth-1.pdfRapture to New Earth
A. Suitcases packed and ready for the voyage aboard spaceship “New Jerusalem”.
- As God encourages in Ezekiel 12,25 & 28, the ‘calling away’ (Revelation 4.1) or Rapture could happen at any moment.
- Jesus tells Paul in 1 Thessalonians 4.15-18 that His followers already in Paradise, with the thief on the cross (Luke 23.43), will enter the spaceship first. “Then, we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.”
- Paul describes these events in greater detail in 1 Corinthians 15.42-57. He writes that Jesus’ order of departure will happen ‘in the twinkling of an eye”. Our ‘earth suits’ will be removed (James 2.26) and replaced with “spiritual bodies”.
- My understanding of our voyage aboard spaceship “New Jerusalem” came from my question to the Lord: what do we do for the 1,000+ years before we, His bride, receive gifts from Him on the New Earth (Revelation 22.12)? We are “in the air” with Him and not on Earth, as will be explained below. We will enjoy galaxies and learn about the birth of stars and what is in the ‘black holes’ of the universe.
B. Meanwhile on old Earth, war and peace and war followed by judgment.
- Revelation 18.1-24 discusses the collapse of the world’s economic system. This may be the ‘prophet’ of satan’s kingdom that has enslaved the “bodies and souls of men”. Remember that mankind bears the image of God (Genesis 1.26). [Perhaps the governments of man are satan’s beast.]
- The armies of the affected nations rise up against Israel in Revelation 19.11-21. This is the Battle of Armageddon; the jeep on the design. Jesus, the “KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS”, defeats satan’s armies. “Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations.”
- The ‘beast’ and his ‘prophet’ are cast into the Lake of Fire “burning with brimstone” prepared for the devil and his angels (Matthew 25.41).
- Revelation 20.1-3 record events that I believe happened earlier. For, Jesus says in John 12.31 that “the ruler of this world will be cast out” by Jesus’ crucifixion. This was to fulfill God’s instruction in Isaiah 14.12-15 discussing satan’s rebellion.
- Jesus, the figure of the man on the line in the design, rules a thousand years of peace and prosperity on Earth (Revelation 20.6; we reign through Christ because of John 17.20-23. In a sense, we are there with Jesus.). Revelation 20.4 specifically identifies believers who were martyred as being with Jesus during the thousand years, perhaps in response to their inquiry in Revelation 6.9-10.
- satan is released, then, and, again, deceives the nations (perhaps over seven years) to attack Jerusalem, the temple in the design (Revelation 20.9). Perhaps the two witnesses (Revelation 11.1-13) are on Earth during the last three and one-half years of this time before the judgment.
- Revelation 20.11-15 presents the Great White Throne Judgment of God (the balance in the design) where Judge Jesus (Acts 17.31) condemns satan and people who had joined satan’s last deception and those from the Pit of Hades and casts them, along with satan, into the Lake of Fire.
C. Bride with Groom!
- Spaceship “New Jerusalem” descends from the sky in Revelation 21.2 to land on a New Earth (verse one). This spaceship, transporting the “bride”, is described in Revelation 21.10-27.
- We off-board and are greeted by Jesus with gifts (Revelation 22.12).
- And, so, we live forever with Jesus, enjoying responsibilities of leadership (11-19) in His government (Isaiah 9.6-7). It is conjectured that we will appear about age 30. Do you remember how you looked then?
So, as Paul writes in 1 Thessalonians 4.18: “comfort one another with these words”.
Praise God!!! Copyright (C) by Maurice L. Painter, 2017. www.sozoclass.com