Words Beginning With RE
Walter Chrysler never thought it would happen. He had founded the Chrysler Corporation in 1925 from the remains of the Maxwell Motor Company and acquired the Dodge Brothers Company in 1928. He added Plymouth and DeSoto as brands that same year. He had learned diversification while with General Motors Buick Division. Post-WWII declines, unwise European expansion, and changing US markets brought Walter’s company to the verge of bankruptcy in the late 1970s. Only a $1.5 Billion loan guarantee from the US government saved his company. Thus was born The New Chrysler Corporation (Wikipedia). Walter had not planned these events for his company but involving other people — less-dedicated employees and fickle customers who migrate for emotional reasons — can bring unintended consequences. How does this story illustrate the periods of Biblical events in Genesis 1-2, Genesis 3– Revelation 20, and Revelation 21-22? These periods can be titled ‘The Original Creation by God’, ‘Man’s Imagination Needs God’s Salvation’, and ‘The Re-Creation by God’. What is the relation of the “new earth” in Revelation 21.1 to the “earth” that God created in Genesis 1.1-2? God placed man in the Original Creation (Genesis 1.26 & 2.7). Does He intend to populate the “new earth’, His Re-Created Earth, with us who will have joined Jesus in the air (1 Thessalonians 4.16-17)?
A. The Original Creation by God.
- God made something out of nothing, literally and figuratively (Genesis 1.2-2.1; Hebrews 11.3).
- Day 1: light separating night from day [notice God’s emphasis of light out of darkness, “the evening and the morning were the…day”; Solomon picks up on this nuance in Proverbs 4.18; God’s revelation of Himself].
- Day 2: sky/observable heavens.
- Day 3: oceans and dry lands that sprout vegetation to replenish man’s body with nutrients from the soils from which he was made (Genesis 1.29).
- Day 4: night lights and the Sun to rule over respective periods of time.
- Day 5: fish and birds [God had already prepared their foods on Day 3].
- Day 6: livestock, “creeping things”, and “beasts of the earth according to their kinds” and their “every green herb for food” (Genesis 1.30); man “made”, not created, in the image of God to “have dominion over the fish…birds…cattle…all the earth…every creeping thing.”
- Notice that everything was created for man to administer for and with God, Who owns all things (Deuteronomy 10.14; Psalm 24.1; Psalm 115.16). God’s plan for man.
- God “planted a garden eastward in Eden, and there He put the man…to tend and keep it” (Genesis 2.8-15). Woman, too, was “made” (Genesis 2.18-24) in the Garden. Man was to expand the Garden until it consumed the surface of the Earth, I believe, for the Garden would have become too small with the addition of children’s children.
B. Man’s Imagination Needs God’s Salvation
- Jeremiah 13.10 explains the cause of the problems the Earth began and continues to experience from man’s imagination, which he continues to give into deceptions by satan’s evil system.
- Eve’s “fruit” episode was the stimulation of wicked imaginations; see Genesis 3.1-24.
- God created the rainbow after His do-over of Creation through the Flood and Noah (Genesis 9.13).
- But, when God suggested to Moses another do-over of His rebellious nation of priests (Exodus 19.6; Deuteronomy 9.13-14), Moses demurred because that would connote to the nations of the Promised Land His inability to fulfill His promise (Deuteronomy 9.26-29). How frustrated He must have been, like us with a petulant child!
- So, God sent His only Son, Jesus, to become the propitiation for those of sinful mankind who would receive this gift; see John 1.12, 3.16 & 14.6.
C. The Re-Creation by God
- Apparently, God is not finished with His Created Earth, as John states in Revelation 21.1 & 5.
- Who will populate this “new earth”? Perhaps, Revelation 21.3-4 answers: man will. God will be there, too!
- Could this be the Eternal Heaven? There are not remaining verses that indicate that man leaves the New Earth again.
- The old Earth, sea, sky/heavens have been discarded (Rev. 21.1, 20.11) like the clear sheet torn from a race car driver’s visor on Pit Row to remove oil and obstacles from his or her view.
- Once the Earth is Renewed, we will return with Jesus to occupy the entire globe. Alcorn quotes Albert Wolters’ Creation Regained (1985. Eerdmans. Grand Rapids.): “we are reinstated as God’s managers on earth. The original good creation is to be restored” (Heaven, p. 89).
C. Words beginning with RE
- “Albert Wolters points out that most of Christ’s miracles ‘are miracles of restoration— restoration of health, restoration to life, restoration to freedom from demonic possession. Jesus’ miracles provide us with a sample of the meaning of redemption: a freeing of creation from the shackles of sin and evil and a reinstatement of creaturely living as intended by God’” (Alcorn, p. 89-90).
- Notice Paul’s similar writing in Romans 8.19-25, especially verse 22 (caused by imagination).
- “God placed mankind on Earth to fill it, rule it, and develop it to God’s glory” (Alcorn, p.90).
- “God determined from the beginning that he will redeem mankind and restore the earth. Why? So his original plan will be fulfilled” (Alcorn, p. 90).
Walter Chrysler would have been proud of Lee Iacocca’s restoring the New Chrysler to profitability. God will be proud of man living out His righteousness without the interference of satan, who will have been cast into the Lake of Fire. Alcorn, R. 2004. Heaven. Tyndale House Publishers. Carol Stream, IL.
Praise God!!! Copyright (C) by Maurice L. Painter, 2017. www.sozoclass.com