What is your ‘Promised Land’? You know, that place to which God is leading you, away from bondage, where He can nourish you with ‘milk and honey’. Is it a physical place or a state of being? How do you get there? The God Who created such place for His people in the Old Testament, surely, has created such place for His followers in the New Testament.
Freed from satan’s abuses!
- In Romans 6.16, Apostle Paul answered those followers of Moses who wanted to return to Egypt, as he posed his question, now, to you. He contrasts your alternative ‘masters’ in Romans 8.1-11 and Galatians 5.16-25.
- The Holy Spirit, Who inspired Paul’s words, inspired Moses’ similar statements in Deuteronomy 30.15-20. Note that He, God, the Supreme Judge, called the wrong choice ‘death’ and the right one ‘life’ through both writers. That is, the deceptive pleasures that momentarily satisfy the flesh and pride condemn the poor victim to eternal, spiritual death, which is separation from the righteous God. Contemplate 1 John 2.15-17.
- God is the same yesterday, today, and forever (Hebrews 13.8). He has not changed His mind about your freedom. He stated as much to Joshua 1.5-9 for His people in the Old Testament and through Jesus to you, who believe in His salvation, in the New Testament, as stated in John 8.31-32 (which some misquote in generalization).
Freedom should be a lifestyle!
- The last half of 1 John 3.8 says that Immanuel/Jesus came to earth to destroy satan’s works. This reveals God’s vision for mankind enjoying His creation without the impediment of satan. Thus, Matthew 4.23-25 describes the masses of people running to Jesus to be freed from the cords by which satan had stolen their joy. Luke 13.10-17 presents a graphic illustration.
- Apostle Peter got it! He understood and practiced this lifestyle, as illustrated in Acts 3.1-16. Paul, too, practiced this lifestyle, illustrated in Acts 14.8-10. People marveled at this intervention in the plight of man by God through men. You can almost hear the excitement of Paul in Romans 1.16-17 and 1 Corinthians 2.4-5!
- Freedom is realized from the promises in Scripture and maintained through a lifestyle of faith in Jesus! Bible truths expose and debunk satan’s lies! Jesus said so, in John 8.31-32!
- This is what Jesus prayed in John 17.18 and commissioned His disciples to do in Matthew 28.20. You are a product of some disciple’s repetition of the Great Commission and, consequently, were included in Jesus’ prayer.
- Just do it! 1 Peter 5.8-9, James 4.7, 2 Corinthians 10.3-6, Matthew 16.16-18!
- Someone is waiting for you to destroy satan’s bondage in their life! (Isaiah 35.3-4)
Praise God!!! He is the same yesterday, today, and forever!!!
Copyright © Maurice L. Painter 2012.